Sunday 4 December 2011

DON'T RAIN ON MY PARADE!!

I'm dense when it comes to discouragement.

-Lynn Abbey

Recently I came upon a new "habit" if you will; wearing skinny jeans. Now, I'm not one to be egocentric but I know for certain that they make me look fabulous. Not just because of my nice ass but because two months of pumping iron in the gym have made my legs rather desirable, especially the thighs.

Skinny jeans are not the most comfortable item of clothing that one can own and they do carry with them some stereotype that's rampant in the streets on Nairobi; apparently wearing skinny jeans makes you gay. If that is so then I am most certainly willing to make out with Graham Norton.

As much as I do love rockin' them the burden of people's mentalities sort of weighs down on you. Thus I say this; Nairobians have rained on my parade and unfortunately, my umbrella isn't with me.

So, should I go on with the trend made clear to me by the New Boyz or should I drop down the skinnies, let the world view the sheer mass on my appendage and pull up a pair of straight fitting jeans that do nothing for my ego? I think I'll stick to the skinnies.

When I first learned that women's pencil jeans were being worn by men I was astounded. How could that be? I mean, I could understand the Scottish wearing skirts (which is a fact they try to canopy by referring to them as kilts but we can all see that they are skirts) but such tight jeans. How could one hold in the discomfort of denim groping onto your junk? At least the Scottish skirt, I mean kilts, give you some room to breathe.

Years passed by and I had not yet let the opportunity to wear a pair into my front door. Eventually, I succumb to the pressure of constant images of seemingly bad ass rock stars rockin' skinnies so I stepped into the world of tight ass jeans.

In all honesty, it has been a blast. They do so much for your self-esteem in the most unorthodox of ways and if ego is your think then you will enjoy being in them. So to be told that rockin' them makes me something that I'm not, well that sucks.

In protest to this, I will roam the streets of Nairobi for months on end wearing nothing to cover my limbs (legs to be specific) but skinny jeans cause I ROCK SKINNIES, I ROCK SKINNIES and they feel great (well, not that much but I look good).

2 comments:

  1. ahahahahahahahahah pumping iron at the gym

    ReplyDelete
  2. and you do rock em like a pro. Babe you are who you are and a pair of jeans has absolutely nothing to do with anything (apart from making you look like something that walked out of a Levis catalog. Girls have their heals (personally, i do underwear) some guys have their shoes (strange i know, but oddly true) so you rock you skinnies

    ReplyDelete